יום רביעי, 27 בינואר 2010

Wishful Thinking


I wish I could be for a while
Dis engaged from all exigencies
Of place and time and have a smile
Defying all contingences.
Oh, if I could only take you
For a walk bare footed on the shore,
Dip our hearts as we used to do
And have them refreshed as before.
Oh, if I could quit things mundane
And escape man’s impurities,
Oh, if I could change the world insane
And expose its futilities.
Oh, for a moment’s brave embrace
Defying all racial rejections,
A kiss as hot as a furnace
Melting national restrictions.
Oh , for a chat as clamorous
As the sea gulls’ conversations,
A bath in the sun glamorous,
Free from terror expectations.
I wish I could be wandering
Once again upon hills blooming
With white almond trees glittering
Wherever we were used to roaming.
I’m so much wishfully thinking,
Yearning for things ordinary,
But alas I’m only sinking
Into all the things contrary.
Of course it’s a natural result
Of this everlasting struggle,
And this deadly and destructive cult
That has turned our lives into rubble.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה