יום שלישי, 26 בינואר 2010

Little Sparrow

Little sparrow, little sparrow,
Why have you come little fellow?
Have you got a story to tell?
Is your life too a living hell?
Are you caught in such a conflict
That never ceases to inflict?
Oh, how haggard you are, how frail,
Just like me in my mental jail?

Little sparrow, little sparrow,
Perching on my shabby pillow,
An hour’s peace I wish I had
Before I go completely mad.
Is it too much to ask for some one
Whose life’s never known any fun.
Oh, my God! I’m losing my mind,
Yet no one seems to care or mind.

Little sparrrow, little sparrow,
I wish I could your wings borrow
So as to flee and thus be free
In a place where peace ought to be.
I’m a prisoner of my name,
It’s me, they think, they have to blame.
I’m torn between hostile cultures,
And tied to fanatic structures.

Little sparrow, little sparrow,
Here you gain nothing but sorrow,
And that’s not what you feed upon,
So be wise enough to be gone.
Beware of man or you will bleed,
He kills for fun, take always heed.
Go, fly away, my heart is cold,
And my mind and spirit ten fold.

Little sparrow, little sparrow,
There’s nothing wise, nothing thorough,
We’ve lost the way and the creed,
So if you find a single seed
Which truth has carried in its womb,
Or burried in an ancient tomb,
It’s a message to the whole world,
We can’t live merely on the sword.

Little sparrow, little sparrow,
Life is surprisingly shallow.
We have committed every sin
Since Cain murdered his only kin.
Oh, dear friend, what’s reality?
It’s hatred and hostility.
Why can’t we stop this deadly fight
And start our march toward the light?

Little sparrow, little sparrow,
My dungeon’s dark, deep and narrow,
Yet if I do manage to flee,
It won’t give up its grip on me.
I can’t be safe, I can’t be free,
I can’t be whole or simply be.
Wherever I go, they suspect,
Whatever I do, they neglect.

Little sparrow, little sparrow,
Life looks solid, but it’s hollow.
You can be great, you can be star,
Yet vanity can’t take you far.
Life’s a mirage, a passing dream,
It will soon dry up like a stream.
If we make peace, we can survive,
If we reconcile, we’ll stay alive.

Little sparrow, little sparrow,
I think you instinctively know
“It’s the survival of the fittest”
Not the purist or the finest,
Yet I’ve got faith and trust
In the depth of the human crust,
Sure there’s light outside a tunnel
And space too outside a funnel.

Little sparrow, little sparrow,
Will you please come tomorrow?
Having eased my pain and sorrow,
Life won’t be after all shallow.
Hopefully soon I’ll fly and soar,
And stop feeling terribly sore.
Little sparrow, I’m scared no more
Because there’s still some hope in store.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה