יום רביעי, 27 בינואר 2010

Love Under Siege


She was sitting on my usual rock
Where the foamy, restless waves used to flock.
When she turned and charmingly looked,
My soul ahe captured, my heart she hooked.
I tried to fight the spell of her green eyes
Which reminded me of the pure sunrise.
Having failed, I thought of running away,
But she surprisingly urged me to stay.
In fact, she spoke nicely and playfully,
However, I reiterated doubtfully.
My true identity she couldn’t know
Therefore it would be much safer to go.
So I got up but before I could leave
She said something I could hardly believe.
She said she loved me though she tried to fight
Falling in love with me at first sight.
Completely shocked , I intended to flee
For it was a set up, I should get free.
She then explained that race or origin
Had nothing to do with love nor religion.
Yet I told her to be more practical,
The whole issue was in fact cynical.
But she calmed me saying she didn’t care,
Her love, she thought, was genuine and fair.
“Ah, you’re romantic”, I had to explain,
“This queer relationship is hard to sustain.”
She then suggested that it would be best,
If we just tried to put it to the test.
A few weeks passed and every thing was fine,
Until the siege made our lives decline.
I was afraid our love affair of course,
Would be ravished during its deadly course.
Still I went to the sea to wash my fears
And pour away my invisible tears.
Still I continued to sit on my rock,
But the waves my good intentions did mock.
My efforts were vain for she came no more
And I really missed her more than before.
How on earth can we have any relief
When every side adheres to its belief?
Only those who are set to compromise
Can live I peace, there’s no way otherwise.
One day she showed up , but she looked battered,
The dazzle of her eyes was so shattered.
She stepped backward and took a deep breath
Before she said she’d come to seek death.
Her brother whom she wanted to avenge
Had been butchered while crossing a bridge.
“go ahead, kill me if you dare to kill,
He who loves well, can’t kill and never will.”
Suddenly she shivered and dropped the gun
Which went ablaze by the inflaming sun.













אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה