יום שלישי, 26 בינואר 2010

Coming Home


Queuing up for the airplane to go home,
I was glad to leave the airport of Rome.
My heart was singing as if it were a lark,
Ah sweet home, how exciting to be back.
Yet it is a kind of paradoxical,
This whole feeling is just illogical.
Whenever I leave my depressing state,
I feel like leaving through a prison gate.
It’s a chance to have a few days of rest
Before coming back to my usual quest.
Just then I can get rid of frustration,
Discrimination and indignation.
However, once I touch a forgein land,
I miss the country, every grain of sand.
Oh, what a perplexing situation!
What a queer and heart breaking relation!
How am I supposed to feel or believe?
Shall I rejoice, dear God, or shall I grieve?
I love my country, Yet I want to flee
To a place where I can be safely free,
But once I’m free, I can’t wait to come back
To the same ordeal, to the same crack.
I love my countrymen whom I pity
For being neither clever nor witty.
They’re easily brainwashed and led astray,
They’re too frightened to try and break away.
They desperately yearn for peace, for sure,
Yet they do nothing at all but endure.
Their meaningless fear and lust for power
Are so immense that they can’t endeavor
To take a courageous measure or turn
Rather than destroy, oppress, kill and burn.
Meanwhile let’s hope and earnestly pray
We’ll live in peace and harmony someday.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה