יום שלישי, 26 בינואר 2010

Going to the Beach


I cancelled all my business care
And left as early as I could,
The morning breezee was fine and fair,
And I felt great, In fact I should.
Two summers had already passed
Without having gone for a swim,
But, I hoped, it was time at last,
So I fled while it was still dim.
I told myself I wouldn’t let
Anything frustrate my intent.
Even mother who used to fret
Couldn’t have my intention bent.
A sea lover I was known to be,
I never missed a swimming day,
But for the last two summers we
Have been obliged indoors to stay.
The whole state is terror stricken,
That’s why the future looks obscure
And every one is fear smitten.
Yet I was on my way to the beach,
No matter what might happen to me,
But soon I had to change my speech
For being deterred by the M.P.
I tried every thing in my power
So as to move on with my mission,
But I had to waste an hour
Before I cleared their suspicion.
Once again I was on my way,
Hoping to find no obstacles,
But no matter how hard I did pray,
I couldn’t get rid of all shackles.
A barrier put up by the police
Got me stuck in a terrible jam,
I wish we had a day of peace
But who on earth gives a damn.
Two more hours passed just in vain,
And they had no other way in fact,
Being hit again and again,
They really should remain in tact.
I do respect their vigilance
Because we’re too on the same boat ,
Terror doesn’t tell the difference
Between the victims it has caught.
At last I reached the ‘ promised beach’,
But I was asked to leave at once,
Though I tried so hard to beseech,
They couldn’t give me any chance.
Actually they were not to blame
As they’d found a suspect object,
Of course I would have done the same,
So I went back with due respect.




















אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה