יום שלישי, 26 בינואר 2010

Who Is to Blame

You may lose the woman you love,
Or the wealth you probably have,
You may lose a one thousand things
By mishaps that misfortune brings.
All losses can be overcome
Except the loss of your freedom
Which can be lost, I’d rather say,
Once your own country you betray,
Something of course you mustn’t do,
Or once your country betrays you.
And here is my accusation:
I’m betrayed by state and nation.
To belong or not to belong
Is the issue all my life long.
Here I don’t have the position
Of a normal, free citizen.
No matter how good and honest,
I’m seen as a fifth columnest.
Nobody trusts my loyalty
While I live in such reality.
I need to feel my citizenship,
To have a normal relationship,
To rejoice in times of relief
And sympathize in times of grief.
I want to be part of thr state,
Not sen in contrast with its fate.
Am I to blame if the state’s flag
Is no more than a piece of rag?
Am I to blame if its anthem
Says nothing to me but to them?
What kind of citizenship is this?
Almost all its features I miss.
Oh country, grant me asylum
Even in a misrable slum,
Maybe then as a refugee
They’ll positively think of me.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה