יום רביעי, 27 בינואר 2010

Farwell


“Farewell” she said and ran away
Without looking back just for once,
Overwhelmed nothingI could say
For it was the end of romance.
Yet I had to be on my way
So as not to miss the last bus,
Though mesmerized I couldn’t stay
And try to make a useless fuss.
I tried to be as tough as her
And leave all we had shared behind,
Not because I just didn’t care,
But I had to make up my mind.
I stood at the bus stop hoping
I’d manage somehow to forget,
I knew we couldn’t keep coping
For each one here was a target.
Love however strong can’t survive
In a state of so much hatred,
Here It’s hard to stay alive
For life’s not anymore sacred.
When the bus finally arrived,
I sat at the far back and sank
Into deep depression and dived
Into despair totally blank.
At this turn of my troubled life
Oblivion should spread its mantle
And burry down my ceaseless strife
Along with my long lost struggle.
Yet I had to have a strong will
And the skill to walk in the rain
Without getting wet for I still
Couldn’t afford to lose my brain.
For this is the land of madness,
The land of greed and vanity,
Though shrouded in severe sadness,
Many like this reality.
Most stupidly they still digest
Their long rooted beliefs and fears,
Unable to try and suggest
That occupation the land tears.
History has shown that the brave
Can bring change, but there is no one,
And though things are seriously grave
Nothing so far has been really done.
God almightly, give me power
To maintain my humanity,
Here every day or even hour
A man may lose his sanity.
I wish it was just a bad dream,
Or a trick or an illusion,
For my frustration was extreme
And ten fold my own confusion.
The bus jerked to a stop and shook
My whole being tragically,
I felt as if a deadly hook
Had caught me damn critically.
In fact we all feel so nervous
Whenever we get on a bus,
For it’s become so dangerous
That any harm may befall us.
Safety’s here a far-fetched term,
Every thing is quite ominous,
Life is no more stable and firm
Actually it’s so precarious.
Wherever one goes, he feels unsafe,
Whether in this side or that one,
He’s like a vulnerable waif
For whom nothing right has been done.
For myself I could be injured
Even killed like many others,
Terror is known to have murdered
All colors, sheer killing matters.
The bus moved on and once again
I sank into bewilderment,
Her decision not to remain
Was a source of astonishment.
I knew she was unpredictable
And so revolutionary,
Though such love is unacceptable,
Yet she always did the contrary.
She never gave up upon me
Though she used to have arguments,
Her folks insisted she should be
More careful about her movements.
However, she seemed not to care
For strong was the relationship,
Great experiences we did share,
We just ignored all censorship.
In fact she was so strong and free
That she always had the spirit
To do things or set off to see
Things that were beyond the limit.
I remember how heartedly
We laughed at our own remarks,
And how we unexpectedly
Ventured out ignoring the land marks.
“Please remind me to remind” I used to ask her cunningly,
“Well remind me to remind you
To remind me” she’d say laughingly.
Ah, so much we used to wander
And watch all kinds of migrating birds,
So much we used to look in wonder
At green meadows and grazing herds.
Each other we could anderstand
Actually before we did speak,
We always sauntered hand in hand
Where no one at all could us seek.
But now every thing was over,
I wouldn’t see her once again,
I wish I would soon recover
And avoid having to complain.
The bus slowed down and then halted,
I looked ahead and felt so bad,
Oh, how much those jams I hated,
But this was the worst I ever had.
That night a bus was exploded
And they said it was as bad as hell,
Was she safe or was she wounded?
Would I be safe? No one could tell.

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה