יום שלישי, 26 בינואר 2010

Loving God


It doesn’t need an oracle
To get a good, sincere advice,
Peace that is every miracle
Is your prize whatever the price.
You may have a thousand reasons
For not having to compromise,
Hoever, a thousand seasons
Shall pass before you actually rise.
Yoy may find many excuses,
But never ever mention God,
He’s just one of your abuses,
He’s not the God I have always had.
My God does manifest Himself
On plain things not on a war ship,
He doesn’t dwell on a cold shelf
Hidden in a place of worship.
He shows Himself on the surface
Of a quietly flowing river,
Not on a harsh, revengeful face
That makes people at once shiver.
I don’t see Him on the façade
Of a grotesque, colossal shrine
With a huge marble colonnade
And layers of metal that shine.
I can see Him in a pure smile
Of an innocent little child,
I can see Him in ants agile,
Or a morning breeze cool and mild.
He’ there on the wings of a bird,
In its colors and sweet singing,
I don’t see Him on a long beard
With a fanatic heart ringing.
I don’t see Him in spices burnt,
Or endless days uselessly spent,
But in working hands cut an hurt
And in stiff backs painfully bent.
I see Him in each grain of sand
And in every drop of water,
Not in a heartless command
To massacre or slaughter.
God has mothing to do at all
With lust, greed, pride and prejudice,
Love His creation as a whole
And seek everlasting justice.
That’s how you can be close to God,
That’s hoy you can show Him piety,
Don’t use His name for your own good,
Don’t treat Him as a deity.




אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה