יום שלישי, 26 בינואר 2010

My Jewish Friend


A Jewish friend of mine
Was called ‘a dirty swine’
For he was rather black
With a beard long and dark.
As far as the can see,
An Arab he should be.
“ hey, I’m a jew” he said,
But he was kicked instead.
He tried to say something
Though they were not listening.
He’d like to run away,
Why on earth should he stay.
But my desperate friend
kept struggling like a fiend.
He tried hard to explain,
But it was all in vain.
That he was so indeed,
They’d knew if they did heed.
Nothing sentimental
Was in looks oriental.
In nature he was mild,
But soon got mad and wild.
I tried to interfere
But shoved away from there.
When he saw me meddling,
He stopped at once struggling,
He looked at me and laughed
And then he badly coughed.
Of course I understood
Though far away I stood,
I had to be suspected
As well as restricted,
But since my skin was fair,
They didn’t seem to care.
The soldiers looked amazed,
Their eyes with anger blazed.
What was so amusing?
It was so confusing.
To clear their amazement
My friend gave a statement,
“Now I do understand
The essence of this land,
Our God damn prejudice
Obscures our sense justice.
Oh, what a heresy,
Our false democracy.”




אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה