יום שלישי, 26 בינואר 2010

Schizophrenia


Born to two conflicting loyalties here
I can’t find my place hither or thither.
Oh damn schizophrenia, schizophrenia,
What measures do they take? What criteria?
If I love both sides it’s a betrayal,
I’m not to be trusted or though loyal.
Half Israeli half Palestinian,
I wish I had the skill of an amphibian.
I’m the strangest stranger in the whole world,
Always caught between the shield and the sword.
I lack the feeling of beeing complete,
I’m sick of being dull and obsolete.
I’m the right model of obscurity,
The ultimate scapegoat for security.
I’m deeply smitten by every rocket,
Every human bomb or every bullet.
I’m the target of each opponent side,
There’s no possible way for me to hide.
It’s hard for me to be true to myself,
I can’t be mute like a book on a shelf.
I’m considered to be a hypocrite
Whenever I feel sorry or regret
The loss of life or just a drop of blood
Which since we’ve been doing nothing does flood.
Every action, any retaliation
Sets off my pessimism and frustration.
Why can’t we forsake our fanaticism?
Why can’t we meet the world of pragmatism?



אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה