יום שלישי, 26 בינואר 2010

The Sacrifice


I was as tiny as the lamb
I used to graze near the dam.
My elder sister came along
To make sure nothing went wrong.
She was tall, slim and beautiful
And I always found her helpful.
She always took good care of me
Explaining all that we did see.
Ah sister, I miss you very much,
To your memory I’ll always clutch.
As usual there was a new war,
In fact every eight years or more,
There’s another war going on
Which actually can never be won.
But foolish people don’t believe,
That’s why they never cease to grieve.
The lamb was meant for sacrifice
Which, we hoped, would cleanse every vice,
But because it was very small,
A little bigger than a ball,
We had to take it every day
To graze in fields where we would stay
Until the red eye of the sky
Behind the golden clouds did fly.
A few weeks later it grew bigger,
His milky fleece became thicker,
So we had trouble handling him
Especially when it was so dim.
One day while the sun was blazing
And the lamb was quietly grazing,
There was an explosion nearby
That sent us flying up the sky.
Unfortunately I came down,
The only one that had to drown
Into the land of ceaseless grief
Where we still lack a day’s relief.
Yes, I was doomed to go through pain,
And see people slay or get slain.
I do deserve a momen’s peace,
Away from wars ruthless and fierce.









אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה