יום שלישי, 26 בינואר 2010

Sorry



After getting my first degree,
I believed many would agree
To offer me a job, but soon
I was treated a buffoon.
And since I was never a snob,
I thought I’d get a simple job,
Any mean, manual labor
Would be really in my favor,
For many working Jews refuse
To have those jobs, they'd rather choose
To get the unemployment pay
Which isn’t so bad any way.
But it was just an illusion,
Foreigners were in profusion.
Luckily a few months later
I was summoned to cater
At a Jewish family’s flat
Where I met this ‘good mannered’ brat.
I was working in the kitchen
When he flew in like a pigeon.
He was looking for his mother
Holding a book without a cover.
I asked if there was anything
He’d like me to do or bring,
But he muttered impolitely
A few words I heard slightly.
Suddenly I had this weird urge
To recite some stanzas out of rage,
They happened to be part of the test
He should learn before he could rest.
“ you must be a Jew,’ he then said,
But I cunningly shook my head.
“Of course you are, you can’t deny,
about such things you never lie.”
“Why do you think I am a Jew
which by the way, kid, isn’t true?”
the boy replied with frustration
that since I got education
I had to be a Jew for sure,
Jews ,he thought, were clever and pure.
“here, read my identity card,
maybe then you’ll understand.’
He looked at it reluctantly,
Read my name and instantly
Tossed it away as if it were a snake
Which made him helplessly shake.
I tried to calm him down just when
His mother was on her way in,
And when she saw him shivering,
She turned to him inquiring,
“What’s wrong with you, my little son?
Then warning me,”What have you done?”
“Your son is all right , don’t worry,
I’m not a Jew, that’s all, sorry.”
“Oh son, it’s crazy to think so,
Of course he’s not, come on, let’s go.”




אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה