יום שלישי, 26 בינואר 2010

Life Story


Born free to roam from range to range,
From field to field, from brook to brook,
Never to be jailed in a cage,
Never to be caught in a hook.
The happy years of my childhood
I spent with friends modtly wild,
I couldn’t stand the neighborhood
Being stiffling, stony and hard.
While every one was still asleep,
I used to sneak into the wood,
I wandered freely far and deep
And watched the wild looking for food.
The morning breeze was fine and mild,
The flying bands kept on singing,
You had to be completely blind
Not to see their skillful swinging.
During the years of adolescence
I sustained my sincerity,
My daily visits and presence
Surely proved my fidelity.
Yet every thing got a new meaning,
It looked and sounded much profound,
In fact, I’ve never stopped yearning
To follow things simple but sound.
The woods I used to wander through
Became the dwelling of strangers,
The orchards, alas, gave way too
To mostrosities: cranes and bulldozers.
The walks and talks about the girls,
Became no more entertaining,
We started talking about jails
And getting orders restraining.
Now I’m beyond middle age,
Life has become unbearable,
Successive wars we always wage
And the wounds are incurable.
Hatred is penetrating deep,
It cosumes our humanity,
Whatever we sow,we shall reap:
Bloodshed, terror, what a pity.
We’ve got to have a new vision
And take a cmpletely different path,
Because if we make no revision,
We ’ll end up soon in a blood path.
It’ damn deadly just to believe
In one’ own righteousness,
Alas, we’ll continue to grieve
For we’ve lost our consciousness.




אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה